July 9, 2020
Downtown’s Restaurants win Best in Westchester
With so many wonderful eateries in the County, this is big.
NRBID Downtown Top Chefs have bested the competition to win top spots on Westchester Magazine’s Best of Westchester for 2020.
Alvin’s and Friends at 31 Memorial highway has won for the second year in a row in the Caribbean Specialties category and Juicy Chicken at 6 Division Street has landed the top honors for their Roasted Chicken.
Hot idea for this weekend: Go taste test live—since outdoor dining, indoor dining and take out are all available now.
While you are there, you can give kudos in person to our great owners and their teams.
A La Mode or straight up
Ice Cream is part of this Phase, right?
Did you know that there are more than 20 places Downtown where you can get ice cream, ice pops or sorbet. You can have it on a stick. Or in a cup. Or (don’t tell WW) in that pint or half gallon carton. Most often, around here, it is a la mode–topping a most delicious dessert.
You need ice cream now. You know it. We know it. Click here for our list of places that will help you cool off and begin to enjoy summer.
Gatherings for up to 50 people are now allowed
Make it easy and have everyone dine on Downtown’s delicacies.
Whether it is the postponed graduation, the smaller wedding, the honoring of a loved one, the remembering of a soul, our Downtown chef’s will do right by you and your family, friends, guests. They will do it big and bigger. Check out the menus!
Your Phone is so smart it can park for you
Simplify your trip Downtown
Using the ParkMobile app on your cell phone makes it all quicker and simpler. You can sit in your car and put in the parking zone. You can choose how much time you pay for. You’ll have how much time remaining right there on your phone. Click here to get more info. How easy is it? The City of New Rochelle has the same zone number for all City on-street parking: 6442
Yes. The time has come to have nice nails with your coffee
More and more of our NRBID businesses are Re-opening and increasing their hours. Click here for the most up-to-date times for our Downtown Merchants and Restaurants.
- For all New York State Re-opening Phases information click here.
- For Re-opening Phase Four information click here.
Re-Opening Biz Equipment needed?
Our NRBID businesses are offering services and products to in-District merchants at a discount so everyone can stay safe and vigilant.
- Diamond Glass at 555 Main Street will custom fabricate plexi-glass dividers in a variety of thicknesses and sizes for your business. They are offering a 10% discount to NRBID businesses. Contact them here.
- The Curtain Shop at 541 Main Street is selling masks and is offering 10% off to our NRBID business owners on purchases. Call 914.636.8794 or contact them here.
- A local entrepreneur who is working with the Neighbors for Refugees Business Incubator is sewing custom masks and will negotiate prices on bulk orders. She can make masks with your business logo. Click here for bulk order discounts info.
- Hand Sanitizer:
- The Curtain Shop will also give a 10% discount to in-District business owners who purchase hand sanitizer. Call 914.636.8794 or contact them here.
- Minuteman Press at 1299 North Avenue is offering for our NRBID business owners some free social distancing signage and a 15% discount on all other signage and floor decals. Contact them here.
Need to find funds?
City of New Rochelle has anew Funding Program offers grants for our City’s small businesses. Check here to see if you are ready to apply
Federal Paycheck Protection Program has reopened for applications with a new deadline of August 8, 2020. Click here for more information.
Private funding grants include:
LISC Small Business Assistance/Small Business ReliefGrants Next round opens July 27. For more information click here.
Spanx has donated $5 million dollars to their Red Backpack Fund. Their goal is to give 1000 grants of $5000 each to woman business owners. Click here for more information.
Make sure you tag #nrbid and @nrbid when you post on line. That way we can reshare and help spread your news.
New Rochelle Business Improvement District (NRBID)